Friday, July 20, 2007

Back to School?????

So, for the past week or so, I've been having dreams about high school. I'm not sure if it's because I'm still taking pain killers at night or what. It's when my incisions are the most sore so it helps me sleep without waking up with jabbing pains, but I may have to cut them off if the dreams don't stop. See, I did not enjoy high school. I got out as fast as I could and barely made it at that. I was the ultimate prideful overachiever. Translated, that means if I couldn't get an A, I gave up rather than admit I was lost or behind or needed help. Pitiful, I know. I would like to add in here that I made up for it in college. I have the diplomas to prove it!!! However, I have NEVER wanted to go back to high school. I survived high school because of choir. It was my saving grace and just about the only thing I liked about it. So, a week of dreams where I'm stuck in classes, at my current age, mind you, are not my idea of a good night's rest!!! One night, I was pregnant in high school. One night, I joined in the middle of the semester and they wouldn't help me catch up. Last night, I just never went to classes so I was half impassive because I didn't want to be there and half freaked out because I'd fail! I'm not into dream analysis but to me, high school dreams have always signified unfinished business. Like I have some big project that's hanging over my head or something. I can't think of anything right now but in the mean time, no more European History and Trig, pleeeeeease!!!!

No comments: