Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fun Family Moments...

If i think too hard about their visit, I start crying. But all morning, I have been thinking of fun things from my Mom, Grace and Sam's trip here.

Mom's "this is not a guilt garden". She planted tons and tons of beautiful flowers and 1) didn't make me feel at all guilty about sitting there watching her and 2) paid for more than half of the flowers and 3) loved doing it for me and 4) kept reminding me that yes, some of them will die and No, it's not my fault

Frosted Shredded Wheat! I love the stuff but I only buy the target brand. I thought it tasted just as good. But Sam loves it just as much as I do so Mom buys him the strawberry, cinnamon, vanill and regular. Lucky for us, he couldn't finish them all so now I get to enjoy them as well because I was too cheap to try the new flavors! Thanks Sam!!!

Quiddler-the best card game ever! If you like cards, you'll love this game! We have passed on this game to my family and now they love it too. You make words out of the cards you get, but in our family, we also spend half the time, laughing hysterically at the crazy words we COULD make, if rule-stickler Will would let us! A few choice ones from this week? sexena (she must have amazing super powers!), ikxyu (said "I kix you"!) and wampy! So if you're feeling a bit wampy (much better conveyed with a fake British accent) don't worry, it will pass in time!

M's new words in honor of their visit: "bobba" for Grandma, "mam" for Sam, "more" for well, more (she has signed this for well over six months, but has always just said mmmmm for a vocalization and now says "moah" like a good East coast girl (yeah, not sure where she got that!) nana, chicken, whee, swing, chair. It was a talkative week!!!!

Our weekend with Edward and Bella. If you don't know what I'm talking about you NEED to read Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I told Grace about them and she arrived, engrossed in the final chapters of Twilight, while I, ironically, had just gotten the sequel from the library! So we had to purchase a second copy so Grace and I didn't have to fight over the library one, and our rambunctious Saturday night was spent with Grace and I chasing each other to the end of New Moon while Mom got wrapped up in Twilight. Now all of us are waiting in anticipation of Eclipse, the third installment!

Mom's raspberries-My Mom doesn't wash raspberries! What??? My clean, spic-n-span Mom who serves healthy yummy food? I walk into the kitchen and she has a carton of yummy raspberries open, so I ask her if she's cleaned them yet and she says "I don't clean them-I just hope the picker's hands were clean" well, you keep on hopin, Mom!!!

No comments: