Friday, July 27, 2007

Summer Movies

My list of summer movies that I want to see is growing, not shrinking! No shock since we are too stingy for babysitters but don't want to take Grandma's every friday night...besides the ridiculous movie ticket prices! Most of these will not be seen until they're on our little screen at home. Oh well....

No Reservations
Hairspray
The Nanny Diaries
The Bourne Ultimatum
Spider Man 3
Evan Almighty

My one movie for the summer? Harry Potter 5, of course! :)
Although, I'm embarrassed to admit, that through library movies, Will and I are progressively moving through the Star Trek series. It all started when I saw the original movie in the library and couldn't remember it (I grew up with a Trekkie Mom who has since reformed herself but I still have fond memories..."Die Klingon bass turds!" from my sweet little Mom's mouth!) Anyway, I took it home and convinced Will to join me and found out why I don't remember it. No one should! It is the most boring movie known to man!!!!!!! They spend twenty minutes just looking at the ship-I can get that in a funny movie like spaceballs! Anyway, I then had to convince Will that the rest of the movies were really better than that, so we requested 2 and 3. He agrees they're better but my favorites are still 4 with the whales and 6, the last one before the next generation movies. Anyway, that's all. I'll go hide now...

1 comment:

Katie said...

No Reservations is based on a foreign film called MOSTLY MARTHA (I don't remember if it's French or Italian). My Father in law has it, I saw it last year, I highly recommend that one too! I loved it and have been so excited for months for No Reservations to come out!
I also can't wait to see the Nanny Diaries! It looks fun!