Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas Love: Santa Came!

Have I mentioned how much I love creating Christmas for my kids? This was our first Christmas morning on our own and it was a wonderful, special morning! M was up early as usual and we actually had to wake up sleepyhead LG to join us!
The girls love the pop up princess-castle-tent and Cinderella has made it her new home. She wants to have sleepovers in it. hmm....
It wasn't my craftiest year. I did, however, manage to finally make some stockings. I'm hoping more are to come, coordinating with these. I may spruce these up more in the future too.
These are LG's angels. I copied the shape and size of the stockings that we had as kids. And then I made them like my bags, with quilted batting inside.
And these are M's gingerbread men.
I also made a cuter than cute apron for my sister in law. It was supposed to be from W, but he said he hired his seamstress to help him. I will get a picture because it is darling, if I do say so myself!
I did make some purses for W's sisters and I have some half made bags that haven't quite made it to Colorado yet...hopefully soon!
But I'm very proud of this creation. I had the girls paint handprints on scraps of fabric, then pieced together with light yellow sashing, quilted, and voila! A quilt of hugs for a grandma far away!
I'm even prouder of these creations. My girls are wonderful and wild and crazy but I love them!
Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Halley said...

WOW! You guys got a CASTLE?? FANCY!!!

Amy said...

Your stockings and quilt turned out really nice. I love them. I'm sure Grandma will treasure the quilt!

Heather said...

You're such a craft lady Liz! You put a lot of work into making your holiday special, I love that! By the way, LOVE the princess potato head, I haven't seen that one before, too cute!

Grandma Jan said...

Adorable Christmas pictures. Your sweeties are CUTE. That's for sure.
Love, Grandma faraway:)