Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Calgon, take me away!

I'm supposed to be at a party right now. Saying farewell to one of the sweetest missionaries to ever serve in Little Rock, I think.
I was supposed to have a busy week. So far I have missed two events I have wanted to go to.
The girls have needed the time home, but the events are frankly falling victim to my stress.
Unfortunately, I can't quite get it together.

Tonight, I made a choice between diapers and socialization.
There are no diapers in the house.
The thought of putting on makeup and doing my hair to look presentable only make me sweatier.
The girls need baths desperately.
We are out of laundry detergent.
The thought of going out in the 95 degree heat makes me nauseated.
I miss my husband. I'm worried about my husband.
I would like to leave the kids home and run to Target all by myself. So much quicker, so much less sweaty.
The short trip to the grocery store spent us. So the avocado bean dip will not get made tonight. It will not make it to the party.

The girls recovered with Elmo and temping princesses.


I am still working on recovery.

2 comments:

Linz said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Hang in there Momma! You are doing a fantastic job!!!

Amy said...

It's true, you're doing great. However, I understand stress. Unfortunately stress happens and sweat happens. When I have the girls on Monday you can take extra time to go to the store all by yourself. Sorry that's still a few days away.