Friday, January 11, 2008

Some of the reasons I miss my husband

W has been in Utah for almost two weeks. I've only been home for a week so it hasn't been so bad yet. Scratch that. The first day was awful and the rest have been not so bad. I cooked my favorite meal that he doesn't like (Spaghetti Deluxe Casserole) but I'm also discovering the many wonderful ways that he takes care of me that I hadn't quite expected to deal with on my own.

I'm scared of the dark. I make him turn off the lights at night. I kept joking that I needed a "clapper" now that he's gone so I can climb safely into bed and then turn off the lights. Now I have to turn on all the lights to our room and progressively turn them off and run and jump into bed!

He always takes out the trash. I have rarely had to take out the trash in our four years of marriage. It's just one of the things he does.

He brings in the mail after work. I have let it pile up over two days twice this week because it's just not a habit for me to get the mail. He likes to.

He reminds us to have prayer at meals. I'm lazy with this but luckily W has trained M well and she often automatically folds her arms when we sit down.

He talks to me!!! M may be having a big language burst right now but toddler conversations are just not the same!

The bed is just EMPTY!

I have to shovel snow now????

But...I get to go to Utah in less than two weeks for the weekend!!!! We have some airline credit that I have to use by April. And we have to pay for a ticket for M after February 2nd, so we basically had to use the credit now to feel like it was an actual discount! So Happy Early Birthday Present to M&W we get to be together for four days!!!!!

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

The trip sounds like a great idea. The weather is probably better in Utah too. That will be a nice little break for all of you.
Love, G Jan

{irene} said...

oh girl!!!!!....You will be together soon!