Saturday, August 15, 2009

the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society


I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

As much as I profess to hate cliche endings where everything ends up just as it should, I really did hope for the ending that ultimately came. I love historical fiction and am fascinated with the UK, WWII, and the Holocaust. But, while I believe that Night was something that I needed to read and I learned from it, this was much more enjoyable. It was quaint and sweet and charming and I love falling in love with characters like they wrote!

Read it!

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

I did read it early this summer and I must admit I loved it too. You have summed it up beautifully and I agree with your beautiful review.
It was a great read in between 'Perfect Software' and 'Lessons Learned From Software Testing.'