Thursday, August 20, 2009

My ode to book group

It is not meant to be.
I want to join the area book group. I've intended to go for months now. I've checked out the monthly read twice. I even made it half way through the second book.

Alas, W's first MBA class is tonight. And every Thursday night for a while. Therefore, every Thursday night until December 17th is now booked. I have plans with the DVD player, microwave popcorn, and my sewing machine. Or maybe scrapbook. I must ashamedly confess that LG has no scrapbook as of yet.

Book club is of course on Thursday night. So, while I made a valiant effort to get through Enemy Women this month, I will not be attending and will continue to be envious of book group.

But M and LG's grandparents are coming in from Minnesota tonight so we are going to have lots of fun anyway!

Now I can get back to reading Uglies and Inkdeath. :)

No comments: