Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Did I Really Pray for Patience?

Somewhere in between...
another poopy in the panties (despite the motivator given less than an hour earlier of a new Barbie movie if she stayed dry and clean for two weeks-that movie is going to be mine forever!)
another day with no nap
another tantrum in Target with people looking at me like "why can't you control your daughter?"
another day of nonstop constant chatter
another day of nonstop constant rain (except for the 1/2 hour of blissful mostly cloudy skies where the sun teased us only to disappear again behind sheets of rain)

I kind of flipped out.
My PMS short temper and toddlerhood are a lethal mix, I tell you.

Unfortunately, my retail therapy included said tantrumming, poopified, chattery toddler in the midst of an over-crowded Hobby Lobby where the big deal of the day must have been to restock every flower on the one day where I was looking for flowers. It wasn't the relaxing trip that T and I envisioned.

Thankfully, luckily, blissfully, it's already dark, sweet hubby swept them away when we got home and read them a story, they're already in bed (hopefully for the night) and I now get to curl up with a movie...and well, laundry.

But there's always tomorrow, right?

3 comments:

ali said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who loses it over poopie underwear! And I swear I am changing it from pregnancy brain to lose all patience brain this time around!! Hang in there...hopefully there will be sun tomorrow!

Amy said...

I have learned NEVER to pray for patience. So I don't. But Heavenly Father still sees fit to check my patience meter. When those days come, it's usually at zero.

Hopefully "the sun will come out tomorrow..." literally and figuratively. We could all use a little sun!

Grandma Jan said...

I was just telling Bill the other day how chatty the 'Eide' women are. They talk from the time they wake up and never stop unless they are asleep. My sisters are talkers, my daughters are talkers and M and LG will be talkers too. It's in the genes! But, hey, the things M says are so precious.