Friday, September 11, 2009

friday night date

My sweet husband is taking me to dinner and a movie for my birthday tonight.
I love him.
I love that he won't mind that we're going to the same old place where I will most likely order the same old thing. T told me I should be adventurous since this is a big birthday and go somewhere new. Instead I will get my comfortable, yummy, never disappoints food and enjoy it oh so much!
And hopefully the movie won't disappoint either.

I've been very full of emotions today.
I just found out that a girl from my ward in high school passed away this week. We were the same age and somewhat rivals. She was sweet and wonderful and talented but I am quite sure that she didn't like me much. I took her neighbor friend and made her my best friend.
But life feels very fragile today as I realize that as I grow one year older, her life has ended.
I feel very grateful for eternal families as I think of her little kids. My prayers are with them.
And I feel oh so very grateful for my own eternal family that I have been blessed with and that I celebrate on my birthday weekend.
I love them.

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

Have a great birthday and a great time with your hubby and the girls. Hope my card gets there eventually.
Hugs to all. G Jan