Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Julie and Julia

My sister in law and I escaped one night in the middle of the week and saw Julie and Julia.
It was perfect. It was the late showing and we were the only ones in the theater, so if we had commentary, we just went ahead and said it!

It was delightful! I know everyone's already said it, but I'll say it too. You should see it!!
Really!

I love love love Meryl Streep! She has been one of my favorites for a while now. I think she is an amazing actress. She truly transforms herself into the character she plays, it's not just another version of her (think Kevin Costner, who, has some enjoyable movies under his belt but truly every movie is just another version of him) But Meryl BECOMES Julia and gives you such a wonderful visualization of what she might have been like.

The best part is, you will come home with a new appreciation of butter and wanting to cook things!
I have decided there is too much wine in French food for me to recreate the Julie/Julia experiment but I think I'm going to replicate it. On a much smaller, I-can-actually-finish-this, scale, of course!
Like creating something new (craft, sewing, cooking, you name it) every week. I'll let you know what I come up with. Maybe I'll use my big 30 birthday on Sunday to kick it off!

And yes, I'm silly enough to get inspired over a movie. You would come home wanting Julia Child's cookbook too though, admit it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you got to see it! I struggled with the movie - not sure why, everyone else I know loved it. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jen said...

Thanks for the movie review--I've been wanting to see it. Do you think it's a movie my husband would appreciate or do I need to go with girls?