Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Starting...

The downfall to working with kids is winter illness and spreading contagions. Today, I had one kid come in with "just a hoarse voice" according to Mom who then proceeded to sneeze and cough on me and ooze green, thick snot from his nose the whole session...just a sore throat. Then, this afternoon, a boy walked in with a "mosquito bite" on his arm that made his arm get progressively more swollen, all the while with him itching his neck, tummy, legs and back. Mom said he'd been to Urgent Care, and poor kid just needed to get home and on some Benadryl.

I used to joke that I could predict my colds-kid with green snot this week, cold for me next week!! I try so hard to wash hands and be careful but it's inevitable at some point!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Wonder what the mosquite bite really was?

Liz said...

She said she put steroid creme on it so I assume it was an allergic reaction to it. The poor kid has severe autism so he didn't even know what was going on but he couldn't concentrate on his tasks, he was so itchy :(