Monday, September 24, 2007

Ponderings

I was talking to my SIL, T, last week and she asked if I thought some children are just evil. I don't think she thinks there are satanic toddlers out there but that some kids are just naughty from the getgo. I was thinking about that this morning. I found a picture kit like the ones you get with your primary teacher's manual and showing them to little M. It was mostly church history pictures so she loved seeing the oxen and horses, but she was entranced by the pictures of Jesus Christ and temples. At one point, she grabbed a picture of the resurrected Christ from me and said, "Jesus!" She looked closely at it, and said, "hi" like she was greeting an old friend. I believe little ones are a lot closer than we are to deity actually. I'd like to think she recognized a friend in Christ, even at 19 months.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

How Sweet....Did you just ball or what?!!!! I agree with you...I think all children are angels, it's naughty parents who from the getgo can't figure them out. Not necessarily on purpose it's just that we sometimes forget whose children they really are.