Friday, August 27, 2010

4 months of life lessons

We are adjusting. W is adjusting to being an "active Dad" again. I am adjusting to someone messing with my routine again. The girls are adjusting to not freaking out every time he leaves the room he will be gone for month again.

But we've learned a lot.

My girls and I needed girl days even though it was four months of girl days.

The four of us are better together.

My little big girl is truly on her own growth and learning curve.

It's one heck of a ride!

A cockroach in a box of panty liners can ruin your whole morning.

I lucked out by choosing my current job over my last job.

I have wonderful, supportive family and friends.

I have never felt people praying for me so strongly.

My husband grounds me.

I get flaky without him around.

I cook for my husband.

Our next home will have a garage and not be on the second floor.

My husband is the motivator behind Family Home Evening.

My big girl is growing up really fast!

I didn't make all the food he hates when he was gone. My girls don't like much of it either.

I still sleep on my side of the bed when he's gone, just more toward the middle.

I have a weird "thing" for kudzu.

Alabama is lush and green and beautiful.

You CAN eat too much sushi.

I can navigate a big city all by my lonesome.

Dorothy's shoes don't shine that much in person.

I still need to learn to use a plunger.

I hate taking out the trash....might have known that one before.

I love my husband dearly.

I need my husband.

My girls need their daddy.

I am so thankful that we have an eternal family.

No comments: