Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lulu flashback: her debut!

I never could have imagined that any birth could be easier than M's.
Until I had Lu.
We watched the Olympics on TV all day as the Pitocin and epidural worked its magic.
My doctor said I had the pelvis of champions!
And after Lu was born, all 9lb. 5 oz. of her!! I agreed!


I asked the doctors over and over if her eyes were okay, they were so swollen and scrunchy.
She still scrunches her eyes up when she smiles though!
This is exactly where I like my babies.
Snuggled up to my heart.
She was so sweet and mellow and easy going, even from the beginning.
Her first night home though, all she wanted to do was fuss. Not cry, not sleep, just fuss. I held her all night long. She just wanted to be with me.
And then, when she was barely four weeks old, she traveled for two days across the country to a new home!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It's amazing to me how much she looks just like she does now! Such a gorgeous lady. I don't even think Thomas weighs 9lb 5oz yet...we gotta chunk that baby up.

Grandma Jan said...

Lulu is adorable. Where did the those two years go? Give her a big hug from us.