Thursday, April 14, 2011

sinus

I remember the first time I got REALLY sick at college. It was my sophomore year, I loved my suitemates but couldn't stand my room mate. She only ate apples (imagine what that does to your system!) she saved up her stinky laundry for WEEKS (imagine what that does to your room!) and she was a pathological liar (imagine...well, she obviously imagined lots of things!)

It was the first time in my life where life where life didn't shut down when I was sick. I still had to go to class, I still had to feed myself and my Mom was three hours away. I remember coming out to the kitchen, opening the fridge, realizing that I'd just used all my strength getting that far, and leaning on the door of the fridge, staring at the food I was too sick to cook and sobbing for my Mom.

Pitiful. Luckily, my other suitemates I'm pretty sure took care of me.

With Will gone this week, my lingering cold has decided to explode into a raging sinus infection. Miss M still has to go to school. Lulu still needs to be fed, and the house is a disaster zone. And I feel like if you pricked my head with a pin, I would either blow around the room like a balloon or well, honestly, thick green snot would slowly pour out. But I swear, right now I really feel like it would relieve the pressure and I might be able to hear out of my left ear again!! However, we'll stick with the balloon analogy-much more fun!

Life must go on. Tomorrow I WILL find a way to do laundry! And the day after that, my W will come home!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I'm sitting here, searching my brain, trying to figure out who that roommate was. Then I remembered! And then I was instantly sympathetic because I shared a room with her the next year. You forgot to add to her list of attributes: anorexic, bulimic, and cleptomaniac. And remind me to tell you the story of when I, uh, walked into my room and she was "studying" with a friend. Sooooo not what you think, Emily Maughan and I have been scarred for life.

That being said, I am glad your W comes home soon! And laundry and dishes can wait. Take care of yourself and everything will be fine soon.

Get well soon, Liz!