Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Adventures in Budgeting

After my shameless post (see baby girl jumper), I figure I need to redeem myself. I don't want to obsess over money. But right now, we are definitely trying to relearn some things. It's good for us. As I'm trying to keep my spending under control, I'm rediscovering new things. I bought milk the other day and it cost over ten dollars!!! My hubby and I go through a gallon of skim a week so we get the twin packs at Cub. But M doesn't go that fast with her whole milk so we have to buy hers in singles, so the twin pack is $6 and her one gallon is $4.69! Crazy!!! I forget these things! Last night we used the last of our hamburger meat and I was frustrated that it means my next trip to the grocery store will be more expensive! It's a whole new world out there!

My good buys for the week? The $4.50 watermelon was so worth it as we ate sweet juicy watermelon for dessert! Scouring through a gross pile of Roma tomatoes because they were on sale to find a few that were good-and they were GOOD! Stocking up on cheap, locally grown, Minnesota corn-it's so sweet and yummy!!!!

2 comments:

Linz said...

Do you have a costco membership?

Liz said...

No, it's on our list of things we want to do someday...especially since it's so close!