Friday, August 24, 2007

Mod Podge to the Rescue

My parents mounted their engagement picture, complete with burned edges, onto a wooden plaque and glued it down for all of posterity with Mod Podge...in 1973 It hasn't been popular for oh, several decades, but recently I have found several fun uses for it!

Last year, my Mom introduced me to Mod Podge plates-buy clear glass plates, slather the backs with Mod Podge, lay down cute fabric, and ouila! instant decor (top plate). I have a plate for every season and I love them.




In my lovely blue dining room, I have had trouble figuring out what to hang on the big blue wall. I wanted something to go with my red, white, and blue with cherries theme and found these. I got cheap canvases, painted them red and Mod Podged them on (they're not as shiny or bubbly without a camera flash!!) What's the verdict? Tacky or cute??


This week, I solved another tacky problem with hopefully a much less tacky solution! I don't have a junk drawer, I have a junk tin can. A food storage tin can, to be exact. My Mom tactfully suggested I do something cute with my tin can or get a new one.







So, I Mod Podged scrapbook paper and ribbons to it. I have a few other projects that my handy dandy mod podge is going to help with so I'll keep you posted.

...and maybe someday Mod Podge will be back in style! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I think it looks very nice, a lot nicer than the name Mod Podge makes it sound... you and my mom would get along very well she loves Mary Engelbreit and has her stuff all over her kitchen too! :o)