Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Friends

I baby sat for my dear friends' girls this morning. She's my closest friend in Minneapolis. They're moving forty minutes away and I'm totally bummed. Forty minutes may not seem like much but it always seems to make a difference. She better not think she's rid of me though.

I don't make friends easily. I have tried to figure out how to keep this post from being my own pity party but it's been on my mind a lot lately. I start out shy and people have always said I'm intimidating. I'm not the best listener and usually when I finally open up, I go home thinking, "oy, I said WAY too much, there goes that". I'm thankful for my family who are some of my closest friends and are stuck with me! I think at different times in our lives we need friends more than at others. And right now, I've been aching for friends.

Recently, I feel I was blessed with my "new" (well, last December) calling at church because I'm becoming better friends with one of the women I am working with. And it's my fourth quarter goal for the year. I will be more friendly.

2 comments:

Alisha Harris said...

Liz,
I count you as one of my good friends who got me through a tought part of life better than I would have on my own. I also love keeping in touch across miles and miles through blogs.

Liz said...

Thank you, Alisha. Thank you for the good reminder of all my long-distance friends!