Friday, August 10, 2007

My Little Sister

My baby sister is a legal, registered to vote, adult! I can hardly believe it. It makes me feel really old. My Dad loves to point out that she's here because of me. See, my parents had three kids. And then that was it. Nine years later, I started begging for a little sister. I had two older brothers that tormented me, and I wanted a baby sister to help raise and, let's face it, be my little doll! I guess I bugged my Mom about it for a while. Finally she told me that I should pray about it-I think to get me off her back. Well, she didn't trust the power of a desperate nine year old's prayers, because around Christmas, after ten years of no pregnancies, my Mom was pregnant. My Mom brought my brothers and I to the ultrasound and the doctor whispered in my ear that I was getting the baby sister I wanted!!! She was so pretty-she was a girl from head to toe! As a toddler, she loved ribbons, jewelry and clothes! She would wear layers and layers of clothes. She went to "pretty" school instead of preschool. She let me spend hours and hours on her hair-many of them probably painful. Despite the ten year difference, we had sibling rivalry, the most famous being "Lizzy's looking at me!!!" We egged each other on, and luckily we grew up. She has grown up to be the most beautiful, sweet, and innocent, well almost, that is until recent admissions of the "real first kiss" came out!! ...where was I? She is a wonderful aunt, an emotional teenager, a good friend, and one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I love you Gracie girl. Happy Birthday! Love, Siz

2 comments:

Clarinda said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous dress your sister is wearing! What was the occasion?

Liz said...

It's her prom dress, isn't it pretty?? :) (I replied on your facebook too in case you didn't return to see my reply here!)