Friday, August 31, 2007

Ahhhh-Me!

M has always been pretty good about family prayers at dinner and at bedtime. She started folding her arms a long time ago (she's also sustaining callings at church by raising her hand with everyone else! :) and started saying "Amen" a few months ago. Lately, when we tell her it's time for prayer, she'll bow her head, fold her arms, mutter to herself for a second and then wait for us to pray. I figured that meant we were getting close to her helping with prayers. This week, at dinner, I asked if she wanted to say the prayer and she said in her typical rising intonation, "yeah?" So I said a phrase, she bowed her head and muttered gibberish, I said another phrase and she muttered more gibberish, back and forth until the end, when I started, "In the name of Jesus Christ" and she broke right in with "Ahhhh-Me!" It was too cute and the performance has been repeated since then! In fact, this morning, she brought me a card with a car on it, played with it, and then folded her arms, bowed her head, muttered to herself and then smiled and said, "Ahhhh-Me!" (Apparently, she's as thankful for a car that works as we are! :)

No comments: