Sunday, August 12, 2007

President Faust

I didn't know that President Faust passed away until I read it on my friend's blog this morning. He has always been one of my favorites! I love his stories and one of my favorite lessons was one he taught, that fear cannot coexist with faith. It was a first presidency message when I lived in Uptown. In the beginning of that school year, I was new to Minneapolis, new to school, and very lonely. I felt very alone and afraid in a big city, a big school, and with not many friends yet (this was before I started dating Will, obviously!) I remember it gave me such comfort to have the reminder that I needed to have faith that things would improve and confidence that the Lord loved me and would care for me. It is such a reminder to me that the church is true and that families are eternal and that he will be with his family again.

No comments: