Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In honor of all you defensive Utahns and your corn...

I just don't understand why you can't get good produce, good meat, good bread and good deals without going to four different places! Hasn't anyone ever heard of one-stop-shopping to save on gas???  I think it's sad that people just keeps suggesting the farmer's markets and roadside stands.  It just proves my point- you can get crisp, locally grown, sweet corn at any grocery store for 10-20 cents an ear there!  I have yet to see that here! 

...but in the mean time, I'm definitely going to try the Murray Park farmer's market! Where is it, Marci??

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

You are more than welcome to come back to Minnesota (and stay) anytime soon. Although we have our problems too and the gasoline is high - grocery prices are too. But at least the food is good and available.

Waiting for baby!!! Wish I could come and hold her and just stare at her beautiful face for a couple days sometime soon. Give M a big hug and kiss from Grandma. Thanks for sharing all her recent adventures and comments. I love it.

Hugs,
G Jan

Marci said...

Murray Farmers’ Market is open Fridays and Saturdays, August to November 1, from 9:00 a.m. until late afternoon, at Murray City Park, 5106 South Murray Park Avenue (200 East) in central Salt Lake County. (In the parking lot East of the "Park Center" Recreation Center. Enter from State Street Murray Park entrance.)

There is also a really fun playground that M would probably love right around the corner in the park.

I really will just pick some up for you if you would like along with anything else that you have been wanting.

With 5 days left, I think that you should have to worry about it.

Grace said...

I love your new blog look. it's way cute! I love you and can't wait to see you!!!