Thursday, August 21, 2008

Princess Purse!

These are probably my favorites so far! (And Barb, I think I have figured out the PERFECT scripture bag size so I'll use the last fabric you gave me and make it this size!) My new favorite purse! I saw a girl at Noodles on Monday with a similar design and came home and made it! My problem with the scripture bags was I was making them too small! The unfinished size of my original bags is 18"x18" and this one is only 14"x14" so I was over-estimating how much I'd need to shrink it! M saw my blue and green bag and said she "needed" a princess purse. I wasn't sure what I was going to make her with this fabric anyway, so here you go. She woke up from her nap when I'd finished it and was appropriately thrilled, hands clasped together, "oh, mein dosh!" So cute!
This one I embellished with grosgrain ribbon and used a fusible interfacing on fabric for the inside to see how it worked. It was great and makes the smaller bags so much less bulky! 

5 comments:

Claire said...

These bags are SO ADORABLE!!! Do you have a pattern you use? If so, where can I buy it?? You so need to be selling these on Etsy or something!

Linz said...

DARLING!

Halley said...

K serioulsy Liz, you are so talented!!!! I would love to learn how to do this! So stinkin' cute!!!! :)

Marci said...

I'm NOT letting my daughter see your "princess bag" because she will want one immediately! You're bags are great. :D

Jen said...

So cute Liz! I definitely need a little girl someday. I hope that everything worked out yesterday and that you had your baby. Can't wait to hear the official news!!